Monday, May 12, 2003

swim write

I wasn't going to write today. I told myself I'm just too busy. I'll post a quote and list a couple of links, but that's it. And then I saw the quote below and realized that it would probably be easier to write than to post that quote and feel strange about not having written something.

Relaxation and balance are on my mind today. Maybe because it's a Monday and I feel a little anxious and unbalanced. But I did swim on my lunch hour and again felt an incredible weightlessness in the water. I've been trying Terry Laughlin's Fishlike Swimming techniques. He teaches relaxation and balance, piercing the smallest possible hole in the water, seeing yourself as a vessel and shaping it to be a long, slippery and streamlined sailing ship rather than a barge, slowing down your stroke, improving your feel for the water, increasing your net propulsive potential by decreasing drag -- moving faster by slowing down.

Related concepts?

  • Seek the sweet spot
  • Let the game come to you
  • Be bold, free, truthful
  • Release your brakes
  • Flow

Related resources at UEN:

"Writing crystallizes thought and thought produces action." Paul J. Meyer

Found while looking for something else: Hats of Hope and Writing to Heal, Writing to Grow.

Comment?

No comments: