Wednesday, February 12, 2003

In a former life, I occasionally hosted some radio talk shows (KSL’s Public Pulse and KALL’s Vital Issues–-both now defunct). When scheduled to moderate a program, I quickly became more alert to what was going on in the world. My curiosity intensified. I’d frequently ask myself: "How does this relate to what we're discussing tonight?" There wasn't a web to surf then, but I scanned newspapers and magazines for pieces of the puzzle, asked more questions of my colleagues, thought about things a little more deeply. In just two days of blogging I've noticed a return of that urgency. Perhaps it's not just deadline pressure, but also related to the explorer in all of us--the desire to discover, to test ourselves, to strive to see what's just beyond our vision. “I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means.” --Joan Didion Coming up this month on KULC & KUED: Marbury v. Madison. The case that changed the Supreme Court and established the doctrine of judicial review. First Comment on the RU-BLOG: "Bravo! Good thoughts. I look forward to reading more. I also look forward to the piece on Brian Wilson, although I've just glanced at it so far. p.s. Found while looking for something else: Campus Weather Forecast

No comments: