Friday, February 21, 2003

Tried out the much-touted* Magnetic Poetry generator this morning. It gives you a screen of virtual magnetic words when you add any url to the end of the generator url, such as this:

http://diveintomark.org/magnetic/rfin.blogspot.com

Then, of course, you can just play with the words. Write a silly sentence or a haiku…

watched mentioned, told
remember continuing
associate much

A few of UEN's many language arts resources are: Virtual Field Trips - Language Arts - Elementary & Secondary and ThemePark - Imagination - Creative Writing. Find more with UEN Curriculum Search.

"Here’s the way I write a book: I start on the word processor and write as much as I can. Then I print it. I take what I’ve printed, go sit somewhere else--like the porch--read it, say, "This is terrible," and start working on it. I go back to the word processor, put in the changes, and print it. I take what I’ve printed, go sit somewhere else, say, "Oh, this is still terrible," and rewrite it. I keep doing this until I say, "This is not as terrible as it used to be," then, "This is getting better," and finally (hopefully), "This is not bad at all." That’s how I do my writing, no matter what kind it is--short stories, essays, novels. And it’s worked for thirty years." --Betsy Byars, The Moon and I

*In the Daypop Top 40, a list of links that are currently popular with webloggers from around the world.

Found while looking for something else: The Shifted Librarian

Comment?

No comments: