Wednesday, April 09, 2003

War Correspondence

"Hello there,

This will probably be the last e-mail that I will send for a while. We leave for ... tomorrow, and will be there until the first of May. We still have not been given our mission orders, and that might be due to the speed of which the Collation has reached Baghdad.

I am doing well. The Army life of up early and really long days, are nothing new. Over the past month ... we have been through several briefings, and classes here. We had a five-day Field Exercise where I am sure ...(some residents)...must have heard us. But I don't think that the guns were firing all night. They did shut down the range at midnight.

Later today, I should get the third of 6 Anthrax shots. And then I will go back to my bunk and finish packing my bag. I only have one left to pack. The other two are on the truck.

I am very grateful for the support that I have received from you all ... This is not an easy thing to do. But, this mission of the US- Lead collation is an important one, and I am very proud to be a part of it.

I am part of a really great unit. We are all brothers and we watch out for each other. I will be back about a year from now. Until then, have fun and be good.

Love..."

A few related quotations:

"I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom."
--Bob Dylan

"True courage is like a kite; a contrary wind raises it higher."
-- John Petit-Senn

"Heroes are people who rise to the occasion and slip quietly away."
--Tom Brokaw

A few of the many related resources at UEN include:

Found while looking for something else: Daily Celebrations

Comment?

No comments: