Monday, December 05, 2005

A Little Sunshine Goes a Long Way

Ah, there was sun in the natatorium pool during the lunch hour today, and sun on the walk down to the pool for that matter. December's beautiful. Great to have snow on the ground. I really don't mind Jeeping around in it, though it certainly inhibits mountainbiking for most of us. But along with the frigid temps and gray skies it's also great to get some unabashed sunshine and blue sky. Whoever took the noon hour weather staging shift for Salt Lake today, ataboy! (or atagirl, for that matter)

I've hit the deadline for a writing contest, now we'll see what happens. For the last 46 The Deseret Morning News has conducted "The Christmas I Remember Best" writing contest. I've entered for several years now. Sure, it would be cool to have a story published, but the great reward for me is focusing on Christmas, trying to write for a general audience, and hitting the deadline. I sent the story off last night at about 1O p.m. Nice to have that done. Perhaps I'll now have a little more bandwidth for blog entries.

Old but gold...well in this case, silver: "Genius without education is like silver in the mine." -Ben Franklin

1 comment:

Veronica D said...

Loved reading this tthanks