Sunday, January 15, 2006

seeing and listening

Huntsman Center Originally uploaded by rfin.

"Hey, I dare you not to notice the sunset. I know other people are driving home and it seems that they're not going ga-ga over this. But you're not them. You're noticing. You do have a camera with you. It's not going to take but two minutes for you to pull into the parking lot and then you'll have something to remember this. True enough, I'll paint you another one tomorrow and the next night and every night after that for as long as you live and beyond. But I promise you this -- just as there's only one you, this sunset is just as unique as you are, or a snowflake or anyone of a million other custom designs. Hey, I'm not into cloning. That's a human thing. All my work's the real thing. Bonafide originals. But you knew that. Your eye knew even before you thought of the time or the camera. Now get your photo. You won't regret it. And thanks for thinking of me."

No comments: